Kensington Estates HOA

Latest News

Friday, June 1, 2018

December 2017 Board Minutes


Kensington Estates Board Meeting Minutes
December 11, 2017

The Quarterly meeting of Kensington Estates was held at the Plainfield library. All Board members were in attendance: Russ Warren, Carolyn Buzash, Vicky Wilson, Linda Lee, and Linda Rasner.
Also in attendance were representatives from Property Services Group (PSG). Homeowners from four residences were also in attendance.
Minutes for the November 14, 2017, meeting were not available but will be sent to all Board members.
FINANCIAL REPORT--Kathy from PSG:
·       The financial report will be attached to these minutes and filed together.
·       Many people have paid through December and no one is delinquent in fees owed.
·       A quarterly report and year-end report will be prepared by PSG.
OLD BUSINESS
PSG REPORT ON MAINTENANCE—Larry
·       A detailed walk-around has been completed on the neighborhood.
·       Entry sign was painted, and Christmas decorations were placed, with residents expressing their gratitude to PSG.
·       Drains near the front walks and driveways were a ‘real mess.’ Sagging gutters were repaired, flashing problems were nailed. They decided that ALL drains would be cleaned and repaired.
·       1of 3 sump pump drains were found to be broken off at the outside drain. Water will return to the crawl space if these are not repaired. PSG will work on drains until the ground freezes. This is the biggest problem facing us with winter approaching. Drains will have new covers/boxes.
·       Caulking around windows will be done with a commercial grade product that may prevent the future need of more caulking. Existing caulking was done with a product will not hold. At this point Kensington Way NORTH has been the area where repairs have been done.
·       Larry, “By and large the community is in good shape.”
·       Crawl space inspection will take place in the winter. PSG will provide a schedule so that owners can be home for the inspection if they have an inside crawl space entry. Those not home will have the inspection delayed. PSG will give each owner a written report of any problems found that need to be repaired (leaks, sump pumps not functioning, vent issues, etc.) at the owner’s expense. Repairs that need to be done that are the responsibility of the Association will be done by the Association.
·       A small bag of Ice Melt has been left at each home. This is not to replace shoveling, but will aide in frozen rain, etc., and will not harm concrete as salt will. Don’t use salt: call for more Ice Melt.
·       “Weep Holes” below the bricks may be a future job to be done to prevent water from lodging behind the bricks.
·       The website will be up and running by the end of the year.
·       Sidewalk tree removal plan: Work will be done in December, with billing to be at first of new year, due to budget requirements.




NEW BUSINESS

CONTRACTS FOR NEXT YEAR
·       After discussion, a motion by Russ and a 2nd by Carolyn provides that:
Bulldog will do mowing, fertilizer and snow removal;   PSG will do shrub trimming and mulching in all common areas (including the Boulevard). Pond and pump maintenance will be done by existing vendors.

PSG will provide a window display sign for any homeowner who does NOT wish to have mulch installed or shrubs trimmed.

BUDGET
·       As a reminder Russ stated that we had agreed to remove $9,400 from our capital expenses fund at Edward Jones for tree removal and mailbox replacement. This money will be sent to PSG for this need.

TREE REPLACEMENT PLAN
·       A committee will be formed to determine where 10 trees will be placed regarding the best aesthetics for the neighborhood. They will address ‘what kind and where.”
NEWSLETTER
·       A newsletter will be prepared in the spring. Anyone who wants to contribute to the newsletter may turn in information to any Board member.
OTHER—Discussion items by Homeowners in attendance.
·       In regard to the question “Where does the crawl space start?” and “Where does MY responsibility start?” Larry said that it was common practice to consider ‘floor joist UP and ceiling joist DOWN’ as the domain of the crawl space, and the Association’s responsibility. He reiterated that there is NO language that would cover every possible scenario. Any items for the homeowner’s ‘enjoyment’, i.e., vents, electric, sump pumps, etc. are the responsibility of the homeowner.

The next meeting will be March 21, 2018, at the library.

With a motion by Russ, and a 2nd by Carolyn, the meeting was adjourned.

Submitted by,
Linda Rasner, Secretary for the Board
                 
Print this post